Monday, October 5, 2009

Broken Bells



So a while back I posted a link on my facebook that was about how DangerMouse was in a dispute with his record company. They wouldn't let him release an album, so in response he released a book of images that inspired his album and included a blank CD at the back. Basically enouraging illegal downloading lol. I thought it was pretty brilliant.

I didn't really look into the album until I heard this...One of the tracks on the album, which is titled Dark Night of the Soul is called Insane Lullaby where DangerMouse (originally part of Gnarls Barkley) collaborates with James Mercer (The Shins' frontman). I guess after working together they decided to form their own band, called Broken Bells, and their first album is set to release early next year. I think it's a totally out of left field duo, but I'm curious to see what they put out. I posted Insane Lullaby below and a couple tracks off Dark Night of the Soul.

DangerMouse and Sparklehorse - Insane Lullaby ft. James Mercer

DangerMouse and Sparklehorse - Everytime I'm with You ft. Jason Lytle

DangerMouse and Sparklehorse - Little Girl ft. Julian Casablancas

No comments:

Post a Comment