Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I love Kanye West.



I'm late on seeing this video, but I think it's great and worth a post. I have always been a fan of Kanye West, so I'm really excited for the next album. I spotted this video on Vinyl and Vodka, with the following caption:

"I love that this is actually considered as more of a piece of art than just of him lip syncing and showing off all of his money, fame, and power (which I thought it would be about)."

In my opinion, this is the biggest glorifying of himself Kanye has ever done. The video looks like a Baroque church ceiling with Kanye in the center looking like Jesus. The lyrics themselves are pretty bold. So for someone to say this is more than his usual pretentious behavior is funny. This is totally Kanye West. Yeah he over-inflates himself, but how many mainstream rappers today don't? I love that he used this for the visuals. As much as I love the new effects in music videos (LED lights, Gaga's extravagance, etc.), this is a cool direction to take. I'm excited to see what else he's going to release.

1 comment:

  1. You've got a point.

    But what I meant by that was that he was making more of a statement, with a meaning, other than the other videos we see where the rapper is just wearing saggy jeans, Vuitton and Gucci, with chains around their neck in front of a car with a hot almost naked girl.

    I also agree with what you have said, that he's glorifying himself, etc. I just didn't see that when I first saw it and wrote about it. But it's a good different approach than the other things we see.

    xx
    -Willis - www.vinylandvodka.com

    ReplyDelete