Thursday, April 14, 2011

@Twittle Dragon



After I heard "Nightlight" I checked out my archives to see what I said about Little Dragon last time I posted one of their tracks.....turns out I said nothing! I was probably feeling lazy, or maybe when I made a post about "Feather" I didn't realize how much I would come to love this band.

So now, a little bit about Little Dragon: The bandmates Yukimi Nagano, Erik Boden, Frederik Wallin and Hakan Wirenstrand all went to high school together in Gothenburg, Sweden. They describe themselves as "peacelovingdreamytrancedance for the soul....". I'd say this is a pretty accurate description. The band has tried to stay under the radar, but without much success. They've been sought out by Dave Sitek for a collaboration on "If You Return" and were featured on the Gorillaz last album Plastic Beach. Now they have a US tour and will be performing at Outside Lands in SF this August. It seems fame is persistent with true talent. The song "Nightlight" is their latest release. It will be featured on the 7" Ritual Union (the release date isn't up yet). I've also included one of my favorite Little Dragon songs below and if you missed it last time listen to "Feather" here.

download:
Little Dragon - Place to Belong
Little Dragon - Nightlight

No comments:

Post a Comment