Monday, November 2, 2009

Wu Tang x Dubstep



Dubstep x a major artist whaaat? The sound has been slowly permeating mainstream music in a sort of watered down form, but it's still cool to see it on an album cover. I was actually introduced to dub by my little brother, HEY Z! I can't say I listen to it regularly, but I do dig the sound. The two tracks are from Wu Tang's follow up album to the 2005 album Wu Tang Meets the Indie Culture Vol. 1. Vol. 2 is releasing November 10th. They're keeping it pretty tightly sealed, sorry I couldn't find a version without a dj. Here's word on the project...

This groundbreaking album is trail-blazing the collaboration between Dubstep and Hip-Hop, with stomach-pounding, bass-thumping guttural beats, and gully, gritty and grimy lyrics that break into the next decade in the chapters of each respective genre’s history...this one of a kind compilation is at the forefront of an emerging cultural and musical blend that is taking place on the margins of the mainstream, but will be talked about for years to come…."

lol so maybe Wu Tang's intro is a bit too epic, but still check it out! And the bonus track is my favorite dubstep track, compliments of my bro :)

Wu Tang x Dubstep - Love Don't Cost (A Thing)/Still Grimey
Wu Tang x Dubstep - Deep Space
BONUS:
Caspa and Rusko - Jahova

No comments:

Post a Comment