Monday, June 27, 2011

Sunday Spotlight kickoff

Although it is already technically Monday where I am, it's still Sunday night for me. And tonight I'd like to kickoff a new segment on this blog called Sunday Spotlight. Each Sunday I'll be featuring a video that I find particularly interesting. I initially started this blog as a music, fashion and art outlet, but overtime the content has funneled down to just music. With this segment I hope to bring back more of the "Colors" aspect of Sounds and Colors and introduce you to some of visuals I've found to be cool.

My belief is that music should be able to stand alone without the backing of a hot artist or crazy imagery. It should be able to evoke an emotion and deliver a message with strictly sound. However, it is always interesting for me to see how artists want their music to be viewed. So to get things on the road, the first feature of Sunday Spotlight is a video from Frank Ocean's Strawberry Swing off of the album Nostlagia, ULTRA. It has really beautiful lyrics backed by truly nostalgic images.

Frank Ocean - Strawberry Swing (Music Video) from MMCCV on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment