Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday Spotlight



I missed the deadline for Sunday Spotlight (again), which is why in the past couple of weeks this segment hasn't been as regular as I initially planned. But whatever, I'm still on Sunday so here goes...

As I mentioned in the first edition of Sunday Spotlight, I'm curious about how artists want to visually present their music to the public. I always thought this video for "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" was kind of random. I don't relate Mayer Hawthorne or his music to skateboarding. Although he may be a skater himself, in which case it would make a lot more sense. Despite the disconnect, I think this video is so smooth. Everything about the beginning credits, to the slowed down speed, and the dudes themselves just kinda works. If it's about loving a special someone, loving the city of San Francisco, or loving skating....it's about love, and I'm all for that.

2 comments:

  1. This cover sounds just like the original...but I do love the video! The embarcadero is always teeming with skaters. BTW your last two Sunday Spotlights have been Bay Area focused. I think your subconscious is trying to tell you to move here after you get back from Austria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you may be right, I am feeling a change of scenery

    ReplyDelete