Friday, March 4, 2011

Lupe Fiasco - I Don't Want to Care Right Now ft. MDMA





I guess it was about time for Lupe to go a bit more mainstream and release a party track. I've been a fan of his work since the beginning and I have always appreciated the substance of his songs. So it's a little bit of a disappointment that he has moved away from his original rapping style. Before I say this next part I want to re-iterate how much I love Lupe Fiasco....but :/ I can't help the feeling that his songs have been getting progressively less interesting. Think back to the verses of Kick, Push or Hurt Me Soul, followed by Superstar and now I Don't Want to Care RIght Now. I know I wouldn't be saying this if I heard this song without knowing his previous work because it's still a great song. But as a fan, I want the Lupe of back in the day. When his sophomore album came out he was upset because despite all of the hype the sales were dismal. This was largely because of tracks being leaked on the internet, so I'm not posting the mp3 for this track. I'm all about free music but for this one I'm making an exception. Check it out, if you like it buy Lasers! And if you've been living under a rock for the past several years and you're not familiar with his work - look into Food & Liquor

No comments:

Post a Comment