Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes



Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes (Hype Machine Album Exclusive) by LykkeLi

As my close friends and readers of this blog are well aware, I am a big fan of Lykke Li. So naturally I was thrilled when her new album Wounded Rhymes came out, but I noticed that I haven't really said much about it. Here goes: Mostly I want to say that I love it. But also, that it's honest and very brave. You can tell through the lyrics she's laying a lot of things in the open. The album title captures the tone of the album, they really are 'wounded rhymes'.....
"Rather die in your arms, than die lonesome. Rather die hard, than die hollow.". or "Sadness is a blessing, sadness is a pearl, sadness is my boyfriend, oh sadness I'm your girl.".
As for the music, it sounds like a natural progression from her freshman album Youth Novels. More serious, maybe more mature? Honestly, I think it's hard to go wrong when you have such an amazing talent and unique sound. Check out the album above. Some of my personal favorites are Youth Knows No Pain, Sadness Is a Blessing, Get Some, I Follow Rivers and Unrequited Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment